Recipe by lazyme
Good wings with a soothing dip. Time includes chilling time.
Top Review by twissis
This PAC choice recipe is such an easy fix & gets you a very tasty dipping sauce + great crispy, tangy & buttery flavored wings. We ate them as a main course, managed to devour the whole batch in a frenzy & loved every bite. I am still trying to convince myself that eating 12 pieces as a main course was not so bad if 4 are eaten as an appy. You do agree, right? My only issue here is the proportion of ingredients & how that askews nutrition facts. I made half the amt of dipping sauce, found it more than enough for 24 pieces & we dbl dipped A LOT. I also used just half the amt of butter + hot sauce to coat the wings & still had to discard some of it. The wings would have been floating in the full amt. IMHO both should be halved for 24 pieces. I also think using low-fat cream cheese, mayo & sour cream will work well if you use a good quality blue cheese. For me at least, these chgs will mean a major reduction of my guilt, esp since I could not seem to reduce the qty I consumed & do not see that happening the next time either. Thx for sharing this tasty recipe w/us. Yum!
Creamy Roquefort Dip
- 1⁄2 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 12 chicken wings, disjointed
- oil, for frying
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup hot red pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl, cream the Roquefort and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Using a fryer or a large pot, heat oil to 350ºF. Deep fry the wings until golden and crispy, approximately 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter, add the hot sauce and heat thoroughly. Immediately toss hot wings into sauce.
- Place wings on a platter and serve with creamy Roquefort dip.