Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I looked at all the other Hot Brown recipes on the site, and while I am sure they are all good, why go to such trouble. This is a 4 ingredient (one of which is water) quick recipe that I got from my mother. In over thirty years I have never met anyone who tried this recipe and did not like it.
- 2 cups shredded chicken or 2 cups shredded turkey
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces water (1 soup can)
- 2 -4 slices bacon (depending on your personal taste)
- put shredded chicken/turkey in bottom of 13 by 9 roasting or cake pan.
- cut bacon into bite sized pieces (I use kitchen shears), and fry in bottom of a large sauce pan until crisp.
- drain bacon drippings.
- put soup and water in pan with bacon and cook over medium heat until blended and heated thru.
- pour over chicken/turkey.
- place in a pre-heated 400 oven for 25-30 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
- pour over hot biscuits or toast.
- go to recipezaar.com and give a 5 star review.
I am not familiar with "Hot Browns" so can't compare this to the other ways of making this dish, but it certainly makes my list of comfort foods! Easy and delicious. I halved the recipe with no problem. I also made it simpler by using pre-cooked bacon pieces I get at Costco and keep in the freezer. I used leftover turkey cutlets. Served on toast, but would be great on noodles, also. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.
Easy to make and delectable!