1 hr 20 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
The Hot Brown is a classic that was first served at the Brown Hotel in Louisville, Ky. While popular all year long in KY, it is a favourite during Derby celebrations and festivites. While this recipe is not the original version, it is an adaptation of that recipe from another hotel in KY. This makes a lovely brunch dish or a great main dish served with a salad. Prep time does NOT include approximate chill/fridge time of 1 1/2 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 -3 tablespoons ice water
- 1To make the crust: Mix together the flour and salt. Cut in the butter and shortening until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle in water while mixing lightly. Form the dough into a ball and chill about 1 1/2 hours before rolling out. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2To make the tart: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9-inch tart pan with pastry dough. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until crust is done but not brown.
- 3Beat the eggs and mix with half-and-half, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4Place the chopped turkey breast on the tart crust and top with cheddar cheese.
- 5Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and add tomatoes.
- 6Top with Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. The top should be brown and crusty.
- 8Remove the tart from the oven and cool before slicing into 8 pieces and serving.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Brown Tart
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.3
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 150.3 mg
- Sodium 556.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: