Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great to make with leftover turkey, the recipe calls for turkey breast but add son brown meat as well.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 16 slices turkey breast, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into 8 slices
- 1⁄4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 16 slices cooked bacon
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in flour; cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream and milk; cook over medium heat, stirring, until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Stir 3 tablespoons of the hot mixture, a tablespoon at a time, into egg yolks.
- Stir egg yolk mixture into saucepan mixture.
- Stir to combine; remove from heat.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Heat broiler.
- Arrange toasted bread on baking sheet; top with turkey, tomato slices, gruyere cheese and white sauce.
- Broil until sauce bubbles, about 5 minutes; top each slice with 2 bacon strips.