Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
based on the version p. 41 Oct 2013 Cuisine at Home Use only 1/2 the can if you use canned chicken broth or it will be too soupy. I used an entire pound of thick cut bacon, cut in 1 1/2" slices before frying. I greased the casserole dish with some of the bacon grease. For the turkey breast, I chopped about 1/3 of a boneless breast I had cooked in the crockpot earlier in the week.
- 5 -6 cups cubed gluten-free bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 12 ounces cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 400. While preheating, toast the bread cubes for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet.
- Fry the bacon pieces. Grease a casserole dish.
- Make the sauce - melt the butter, whisk in the flour, add liquid. Once thickening, add cheese, then drained pimentos and Tabasco if using.
- Toss toasted bread cubes with 1 cup of sauce, then layer in bottom of casserole dish. Spread the turkey pieces on top and pour the sauce over.
- Cover with tomato slices and bacon pieces.
- Bake until bubbly 20-30 minutes.