Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A casserole version of the classic Kentucky Hot Brown.
Make and share this Hot Brown Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups toasted bread cubes, ideally from a high-quality bakery-style bread
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread cubes in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole.
- Top with diced turkey and set aside.
- To make sauce: Melt butter in a large stockpot set over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Whisk hard to create a smooth, lump-free paste.
- Continue to cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until flour barely begins to brown.
- Slowly whisk in half-and-half.
- Slowly whisk in heavy whipping cream.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture bubbles.
- Add cheese; remove from heat and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour sauce over bread and turkey.
- Add topping before baking.
- To make topping: Sprinkle bacon and tomatoes on top of sauce.
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and bubbly.