Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
DH loves this dip, and so did my guests at a recent party. I got the recipe from The Nashville Cookbook. Instead of fresh onion and celery, I usually use 2 Tbsp. dried minced onion and 2 Tbsp. dried chopped celery, rehydrated with equal parts water.
- 20 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) roll garlic cheese rolls
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Cook broccoli according to pkg. directions and drain well.
- Saute onion, celery, and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- In the meantime, melt cheese in undiluted soup in a large saucepan on very low heat, stirring often.
- When cheese is melted and smooth, add remaining ingredients.
- Serve hot in chafing dish or crockpot with crackers or corn chips.
- Freezes well and can be used as a vegetable casserole.
Made this for snack day. Didn't change much o.k. i used fresh shrooms and no water chestnuts. It's what was on hand. Kept in a small crock pot and served with an assortment of crackers. Went over well, and was tastey. Very easy to make. Will make again. Hum mabey i'll thin out a touch and top with more cheese and crushed crackers to take ti X-Mas dinner. Thanks for the post.