Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I think I found this recipe in an old Gourmet magazine. It is for 2 people and makes a tasty first course. Also it is easy.
- 4 ounces brie round (about 4 inches in diameter)
- 1 ripe pear, cored
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- French bread
- Cut top rind from the Brie.
- Put in small flameproof dish.
- Cur a thin round crosswise from widest part of pear.
- Center on the Brie.
- Top it and surrounding Brie with almonds.
- Broil 4 - 5 minutes or until Brie is soft.
- Transfer to platter.
- Cut reserved pear into thin rounds and serve with this plus French bread slices.