Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great easy appetizer for a dinner party.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb round loaf sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 8 ounces wheel brie cheese
- Mix spices and sugar; set aside. Cut circle in top of bread and remove bread center to make room for the Brie.
- Spread butter in bread and sprinkle with half of the spice mixture. With a knife, make 2-inch cuts around edge of bread at 1-inch intervals.
- Remove rind from Brie; place in bread. Sprinkle Brie with remaining spice mixture. Replace top of bread. Bake on baking sheet at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes.
- To serve, remove bread top and break into bite-size pieces. Dip bread pieces in hot Brie.