Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Expect endless praise with this bottomless crowd pleaser!! Nothing says party like a savoury dip to dig into, so follow these steps for some layer-lovin' satisfaction.
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced green onions
- 398 ml refried beans
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups triple cheddar shredded cheese
- 368 g corn tortilla chips (PC sea salt kettle cooked)
- 430 ml salsa, mild (President's Choice)
- Preheat broiler.
- In bowl and using wooden spoon, stir cream cheese until soft. Stir in sour cream, jalapenos and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the green onions. With a whisk, beat until smooth. Spread evenly over bottom of 8-inch square (2 L) glass baking dish. Dollop refried beans evenly over surface; spread evenly with back of spoon. Sprinkle with peppers, then cheese.
- Place baking dish in top third of oven. Broil for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Top with remaining green onions. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and salsa.