Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is yummy wherever it came from. I don't keep "arrowroot starch" on hand so substitute with corn starch. This sauce highlights the natural goodness of the berries without adding a lot of unnecessary sugars. We love it on pancakes but don't stop there. How about waffles, ice cream, yogurt . . .
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot (arrowroot starch)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine water and starch in saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until thickened.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.