Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, easy and a crowd pleaser.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is browned.
- Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, oregano, salt, and pepper; simmer for 10 mintutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
I made this and kept it warm in the crock-pot set on low. We devoured it after playing out in the snow. Hearty seasonings and the cream cheese gives it some richness. I will be making this again this weekend. Thank you.