Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This recipe is from a Betty Crocker slow cooker cookbook. It's absolutely the best hot beef sandwich I have ever tasted. I've been making it since 2002 and my friends and family just love it!
- 4 -5 lbs boneless beef rump roast
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 16 hoagie rolls
- Place beef in 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Mix dry soup mix and remaining ingredients except buns; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Slice or shred beef. Serve on hoagie buns. If desired, skim fat from meat juices. Serve sandwiches with individual portions of meat juices for dipping.
This was really great. The only thing I did differently was I took out 3 cups of the fluid about 2 hours prior to the end of cooking time and put it in the fridge, let it cool, skimmed the fat off of the top, and made a thicker gravy out of it in a saucepan (I used xantham gum to thicken it, but it could be thickened with flour/corn starch). Served the meat on sliced bread with mashed potatoes and poured the gravy over the whole thing. I've never seen my fiance eat a meal so fast! Great recipe! Thanks for posting it!
Nice sandwich. I made this as directed and really enjoyed the dipping sauce. It was thick with little chunks of meat and very flavorful. Thanks marcella for sharing. Made for I Recommend Tag.
My family really enjoyed these sandwiches! Perfect for a busy soccer Saturday where we could come home and only have to slice the buns. The only slight change was I used freshly sliced Vidalia onions in place of the onion soup mix so I could have onions to place on the sandwiches. I also used a low-sodium beef broth as I really try to reduce the sodium content in our meals. I used a 3 lb roast and reduced the other ingredients to account for that reduction in size. Very tender and full of flavor. The juices were perfect for dipping. When serving I topped the sandwiches with a slice of provolone cheese and the onions. The kids and hubby raved about them so I'll definitely be using this recipe again! Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game.