Recipe by marcella79
This recipe is from a Betty Crocker slow cooker cookbook. It's absolutely the best hot beef sandwich I have ever tasted. I've been making it since 2002 and my friends and family just love it!
Top Review by sarah40460
This was really great. The only thing I did differently was I took out 3 cups of the fluid about 2 hours prior to the end of cooking time and put it in the fridge, let it cool, skimmed the fat off of the top, and made a thicker gravy out of it in a saucepan (I used xantham gum to thicken it, but it could be thickened with flour/corn starch). Served the meat on sliced bread with mashed potatoes and poured the gravy over the whole thing. I've never seen my fiance eat a meal so fast! Great recipe! Thanks for posting it!
- 4 -5 lbs boneless beef rump roast
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 16 hoagie rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Mix dry soup mix and remaining ingredients except buns; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Slice or shred beef. Serve on hoagie buns. If desired, skim fat from meat juices. Serve sandwiches with individual portions of meat juices for dipping.