Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I see there are several similar recipes posted -- so the next time you are craving one of these, here's another recipe for you to consider.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) rump roast
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer or 1 (12 ounce) can non-alcoholic beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 onion hamburger buns, split
- Place beef roast in 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. In medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except buns. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker; place on cutting board or large plate. Slice beef with a knife or shred using 2 forks.
- Place meat on buns.
- If desired, skim fat from juices in slow cooker (how much fat present will depend on the cut of meat).
- Serve sandwiches with individual portions of juice for dipping.
Meals in the slow cooker are a must on days that I work late. This smelled so good while cooking that DH called me at work twice to ask when this would be ready! Not only was the aroma wonderful but the flavors of the beef and jus really delivered! For health reasons I used low-sodium onion soup mix and low sodium bouillon mixed with water for the broth. I used 5lbs. beef roast and cooked it for 8 1/2 hours to a tender perfection. So many meat dishes dry out in the slow cooker but this one was perfect in texture and delicious! We'll be making this recipe often. Thanks Bobbie!!
This was awesome! It was even better as leftovers! I will definately make it again!
It was the best Beef Sandwich Au Jus we ever had. Except my Au Jus was very salty and I had to add water. And I also added the sauteed onions and Monterey jack cheese and omg it was just the bessst cold actually.