Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
An appetizer with a Texan appeal. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2⁄3 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic until meat is browned.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, oregano and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or chafing dish.
- Serve warm.
This is a good dip that makes a lot! It kind of had a sloppy-joe taste; I added a few dashes of Tabasco to give it a little kick. Serve with fritos scoops, we really enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe!