Recipe by Baby Kato
My dh & I love Thai curries. This one is very special. Hope that you will enjoy this delicious dish as much as we do. Another flavorful dish that is quick and very easy to make.
Top Review by Sara 76
We loved this! We'd have given it 10 stars if we could! The flavours were amazing. I only used 1 TB of fish sauce (personal preference), and I used a bit extra chilli (again, personal preference). I also sliced up a zucchini and put it in with the beef. We loved this sauce so much, and are going to try this again, with some seafood, and maybe again with some chicken! This is my new favourite red curry sauce recipe!! Thanks for sharing! :) [Made for Aus/NZ Recipe swap]
- 473.18 ml milk, coconut
- 44.37 ml curry paste, red, thai
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 453.59 g steak, braising, cut 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, fresh (I use frozen when I can't get fresh)
- 44.37 ml lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 1 chili, red, large, fresh, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2.46 ml turmeric, ground
- 1.23 ml salt, sea
- 2.46 ml pepper, black
- 29.58 ml basil, fresh, chopped
- 29.58 ml cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 78.07 ml coconut, toasted, shredded (garnish)
- 946.36 ml rice, steamed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the coconut milk to boil, in a large pan.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until it has thickened.
- Now stir in the curry paste and garlic, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the beef to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat add the lime leaves, juice, fish sauce, chili, turmeric and salt.
- Cover the pan and simmer 25 minutes.
- Please add a little water if the sauce looks dry.
- Lastly you will add the basil and cilantro, taste and season with salt and pepper if you desire.
- Garnish with the toasted coconut and serve with steamed rice.