1/2 Photos of Hot Beef & Coconut Curry
Baby Kato's Note:
My dh & I love Thai curries. This one is very special. Hope that you will enjoy this delicious dish as much as we do. Another flavorful dish that is quick and very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups milk, coconut
- 3 tablespoons curry paste, red, thai
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb steak, braising, cut 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, fresh (I use frozen when I can't get fresh)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 chili, red, large, fresh, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, sea
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut, toasted, shredded (garnish)
- 4 cups rice, steamed
- 1Bring the coconut milk to boil, in a large pan.
- 2Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until it has thickened.
- 3Now stir in the curry paste and garlic, simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Add the beef to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 5Lower the heat add the lime leaves, juice, fish sauce, chili, turmeric and salt.
- 6Cover the pan and simmer 25 minutes.
- 7Please add a little water if the sauce looks dry.
- 8Lastly you will add the basil and cilantro, taste and season with salt and pepper if you desire.
- 9Garnish with the toasted coconut and serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Beef & Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1039.0
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 986.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 164.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 51.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves