Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a local paper. They taste just like a philly cheesesteak. Much cheaper to make than buying Steak Ums.
- 1 lb ground beef (I used ground venison tastes just as good)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup (undiluted)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs (throw the heels of your bread into the food processor)
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 slices American cheese
- Cook beef and onion together until beef is browned. No need to drain.
- Stir in soup, worstishire sauce, and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Serve in hoagies with american cheese on top. Enjoy.
- If you wish to melt the american cheese throw them in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes.
Very tasty and simple to make. (Made for Fall Pick a Chef) I definitely would recommend draining the grease off after frying the meat. ( I had at least 1/4C of fat and that was lean beef.) I will make this again, the kids loved it. Thx Abbey212.
Tried this last night. Would suggest a little bit of liquid (milk?) with the soup. Otherwise too thick. Sort of "congealed". Also will try a small can of mushrooms when frying up the meat and onions. Otherwise, not bad.