Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Deli beef makes quick work of an old-fashioned meal of a luscious, meaty mushroom sauce over flaky biscuits, just for two.
- 2 pillsbury oven baked frozen southern style biscuits (from 25-oz bag)
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2⁄3 cup savory beef gravy (from 12-oz jar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed dried thyme leaves
- 2 slices deli roast beef, cut about 1/8 inch thick
- Bake biscuits as directed on bag.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in gravy, Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Cut beef slices crosswise in half; add to gravy mixture. Cook over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- Split biscuits. Place 2 biscuit halves, cut sides up, on each of 2 individual plates. Top with beef and gravy mixture.