Recipe by Chef MB
One of my all time favorites. Simple, delicious, and you can make it spicier or less spicy. The addition of carrots is my own. Can be made with ground turkey or veggie crumbles instead of meat.
Top Review by Elmotoo
We LOVED this! Even dh who claims to hate rice noodles enjoyed this. I messed up & didn't get the carrots in there but I'm sure they'd be a great addition. Made for Chinese/Vietnamese New Year Tag. Thank you, Chef MB!
- 1⁄4 lb bean thread noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 ounces shredded carrots
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (dried chiles, not the Mexican spice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the noodles in a large bowl of warm water for 15 minutes. When they are soft, drain and discard the water. Cut into 3" lengths and set aside.
- Heat 1 TB oil in large skillet or wok. Add garlic and scallions, saute a few seconds until fragrant. Add beef and carrots, stir fry till beef is cooked.
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT sesame oil and let cook together gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles and sesame oil and cook 5 more minutes.
- Serve at once.