Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Apertivo de Frijoles Calientes....true hot bean dip, much better than the stuff Frito Lay puts in the can, and cheaper too!
- Mash the beans to a'dip' consistency, adding a little bean broth if necessary.
- Saute the jalepenos, onion and garlic in the margarine until the garlic and onion are translucent and the jalepenos have golden or brown edges.
- Mix the beans, jalepenos, onions, and garlic.
- Heat; sprinkle with cheese.
- Great with nacho chips or fritos.
Simpe Easy, and fantastic! I will never buy it again! I also added cummin and salt after reading reviews, it did need it.
This was so simple; seasoned to taste with cumin & salt and it was great!
When I saw this recipe I was like perfect...I hate buying bean dip in a can for my husband and I was anxious to give it a try. Not only was this quick and easy but very good. I added a little ground cumin and a little salt to kick it up a bit for my family, other than just great! Thanks Wildheart!