Recipe by jean
If you like bean salad, you should like this dish. It is from a Pillsbury cookbook I got when I was first married. My family does not care for kidney beans, so I use 2 cans of green beans with the wax beans.
- 3-4 slice bacon
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 158.51 ml vinegar
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 453.59 g can green beans, drained
- 453.59 g can wax bean, drained
- 425.24 g can red kidney beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towel.
- To drippings, add sugar and cornstarch.
- Blend well.
- Stir in salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in onion and drained beans.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 20-25 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Serve with bacon crumbled over top.