Recipe by Semra22
I got this recipe out of an obscure magazine about 10 years ago, it was their featured "microwave" recipe. I became addicted to the darned stuff. Similar to refried bean dip recipes, but using canned whole beans instead- very hearty, I would feed this to a bunch of men watching some ridiculous sporting event, for instance :) I've been known to eat this for supper!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 litre casserole dish, combine oil, garlic and onion, microwave 2 minutes or till onions are soft.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and jalapenos, microwave about 3-4 minutes.
- Mash up the mixture with a potato masher, leaving some coarse pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste if you wish.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese, microwave about 5 minutes or till the cheese is melted on top.
- You can mix the cheese and bean mixture together (this is what I do) or leave it seperate if you wish.
- Serve with tortilla chips.