Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Any gluten-free pasta recipe that I can find and post I do, for a friend that likes to try new things. This sounds wonderful! I found this on BBCgoodfood.com.
FOR THE STEAK
- 1 lb lean rump steak
- 2 tablespoons dairy and wheat-free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 8 7⁄8 ounces gluten-free pasta, fusilli (we used Notta Pasta)
- 1 bunch spring onion, thinly sliced
- 3 red peppers, grilled to remove the skins, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, torn
FOR THE DRESSING
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish, to taste
- Marinate the steak in the Worcestershire sauce for 10 mins and sprinkle the black pepper over it.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, drain, then toss with the spring onions, peppers and basil.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, season, then set aside.
- Heat the barbecue or a griddle pan until very hot.
- Cook the steak for 3 mins on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Cut into thin slices, then toss into the pasta with the dressing.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.