Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful potato salad that can be made the night before an upcoming Oktoberfest party!
Make and share this Hot Bavarian Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Boil the potatoes for an hour or so.
- Meanwhile, saute bacon until crispy but not burnt. Save the grease and drippings!
- Remove bacon to a paper towel.
- Remove potatoes and peel -- while they're hot -- it's a pain in the butt.
- Slice potatoes 1/4 in thick.
- In an oven safe baking dish, make 4 layers of everything (so do 1/4 of everything in each layer) like this from the bottom up: potatoes, onions, bacon, salt, pepper. Do not toss.
- Pour the bacon drippings evenly over the top.
- Pour the broth evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle evenly with the vinegar over the top.
- Now toss it all together, doesn't have to be perfect.
- Scatter the top with parsley.
- If you made it the night before, reheat in the oven at 250-300, you might need to add some more beef broth if it dries out in the oven.