1 hr 45 mins
A wonderful potato salad that can be made the night before an upcoming Oktoberfest party!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes for an hour or so.
- 2Meanwhile, saute bacon until crispy but not burnt. Save the grease and drippings!
- 3Remove bacon to a paper towel.
- 4Remove potatoes and peel -- while they're hot -- it's a pain in the butt.
- 5Slice potatoes 1/4 in thick.
- 6In an oven safe baking dish, make 4 layers of everything (so do 1/4 of everything in each layer) like this from the bottom up: potatoes, onions, bacon, salt, pepper. Do not toss.
- 7Pour the bacon drippings evenly over the top.
- 8Pour the broth evenly over the top.
- 9Sprinkle evenly with the vinegar over the top.
- 10Now toss it all together, doesn't have to be perfect.
- 11Scatter the top with parsley.
- 12If you made it the night before, reheat in the oven at 250-300, you might need to add some more beef broth if it dries out in the oven.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Bavarian Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (646 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 984.6
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 1706.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g