Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great dessert for banana lovers.
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons dark rum
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Put the raisins in a bowl with the rum.
- Let them soak while you saute the bananas.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the bananas and cook for a few minutes, until tender.
- Sprinkle the spices over the bananas, then pour the rum and raisins on top.
- Sprinkle on the almonds and serve.
- Good with ice cream.
We love this creation....really enjoy making this for my friends! Thanks for bringing back happy memories!