Recipe by diner524
This was a recipe I received from my friend Terri. She served this dip using one of the small crock pots (2-3 cup). It kept the cheese melted and warm through the whole party. The chips really make this recipe, but could use crackers. This is a great dip to make for parties as it keeps warm throughout, awesome for football parties, guys love this hardy dip!!!!
Top Review by Boomette
This is a great dip. I really loved it. DH didn't because he found it too sweet. Probably because of the miracle whip (I made recipe#267595). Maybe I'd try again with half needed. The good news is that I had it all for myself (I made half recipe). The pita crisps are so good. I used black sesame seeds. Thanks Diner :) Made for Potluck tag game
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (I would not substitute mayonnaise)
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced thinly
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In microwave safe bowl, soften cream cheese on medium (50%) for 30 seconds. Mix cream cheese, miracle whip, swiss cheese, green onions and bacon until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into 2 1/2 cup casserole dish or 9-inch pie plate(or use tiny crock pot). Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until heated through, if using crock pot, just pour mixture into it and turn it on.
- Take pita and cut them into 8ths, and then split each triangle by separating it from outer seam, into 2 pieces. Spread rough side with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.