Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the tastiest dressing for the Spinach-Bacon Salad. It's a real favorite.
- reserved bacon drippings (from 1/2 lb bacon)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups white vinegar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- Heat bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add sugar and vinegar, stirring.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with 2/3 cups water, and stir until dissolved. Pour into skillet.
- Return to a boil; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add to salad hot.
This was just okay for me. I thought it was a little bland. Not sure how I would make it better, but something was definitely missing.
I made a reduced amount to serve today on a chef's salad. While tasty, I will eliminate some of the water & cornstarch next time. Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef
I looked for this recipe for a long long time and this was a good one! Very tasty. The only thing I did differently was add the bacon crumbles to the dressing so that they were also warm....soooooo good!