- 2 ounces bacon grease
- 1⁄4 lb red onion, finely diced
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- saute onion in bacon grease until they start to blacken and carmelize in mixing bowl place the water, honey, and vinegar whisk together well.
- add cornstarch and whisk again add mustard to the onions in the pan and stir with rubber spatula add the bowl ingredients to the pan with the onions and mustard.
- continue mixing ans stirring while increasing the heat enough to bring to a boil remove from heat and use or store in refridgerator until ready to use to reheat use a double boiler.