Top Review by Miss Annie
I love bacon dressing on a spinach salad. This is a great recipe. I loved the fresh basil, which added another dimension to the dressing. I really liked it in the dressing, and I will be using this recipe again. It was easy to make and tasted so good. Thanks so much for posting this recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy skillet over medium heat fry bacon pieces til crispy, stirring around to brown equally.
- Add onion, brown sugar, mustard, basil Remove some of the grease if you like.
- Stir cornstarch into vinegar add to hot water; add hot water vinegar to bacon mixture, stirring til hot and thickened.
- Serve over fresh spinach.