Recipe by CCinSC
A classic dressing for spinach salad, but it's also wonderful on other veggies like fresh green beans. Even the avowed green bean hater in the family tried them with this dressing and went back for seconds!
Top Review by Rono
I have been looking for this recipie for soooooo long. IT WAS PERFECT. I thought that 6 pieces of bacon would not be enough but I followed the recipe anyway and just used 6 pieces and it turned out AWESOME. The entire family thanks you.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion (sweet onions work well)
- vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan leaving fat.
- Set bacon aside.
- Add onion to bacon fat in pan and cook 5 minutes until onion is soft.
- Remove onion from pan leaving fat.
- Set onion aside with bacon.
- Pour bacon fat into measuring cup and add enough vegetable oil to equal 1/2 cup.
- Add fat/oil to cornstarch mixture and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper in small saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add bacon and onion.
- Serve while warm.