1/1 Photo of Hot Bacon Dressing
Larry E Vaughn's Note:
This hot bacon dressing is based on memories of the wilted leaf lettuce salads my mother used to make. I also love this dressing on cobb salads, chef's salads and spinach salads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon until crispy.
- 2Remove bacon to paper towel covered dish to drain and cool.
- 3Reserve 1 1/2 teaspoons of the bacon fat.
- 4Combine flour, sugar, salt.
- 5Mix well with 1/2 cup water, let stand in mixing container.
- 6Heat vinegar and remainder of water to hot (do not boil).
- 7Add the hot liquid to dry ingredients, stirring well.
- 8Add the mixture to the bacon fat still in skillet, and cook to desired consistency. (If gravy like texture is desired, you can bring to a brief boil. Overcooking with cause it to congeal into a thick ball).
- 9If desired, you can crumble the bacon you fried and add to salad.
- 10Pour over your salad of choice and devour immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Bacon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.0
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 546.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g