Recipe by Donna M.
This recipe came from Lazarus Department Stores' restaurant in Columbus, Ohio. It is very good.
Top Review by Kalamitycook
This is exactly what I was looking for! I simply drizzled it over spinach, hard boiled eggs and onions in my salad. It was awesome! I used apple cider vinegar because that's all I had in the house, and it tasted just fine.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bacon fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Mix well with part of water (about 1/2 cup).
- Heat vinegar and remaining water.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring well.
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain, reserving 1 1/2 tsp.
- of bacon fat.
- Add bacon and bacon fat to dressing mixture and cook to desired consistency.