Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Lazarus Department Stores' restaurant in Columbus, Ohio. It is very good.
Make and share this Hot Bacon Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bacon fat
- Combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Mix well with part of water (about 1/2 cup).
- Heat vinegar and remaining water.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring well.
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain, reserving 1 1/2 tsp.
- of bacon fat.
- Add bacon and bacon fat to dressing mixture and cook to desired consistency.
This is exactly what I was looking for! I simply drizzled it over spinach, hard boiled eggs and onions in my salad. It was awesome! I used apple cider vinegar because that's all I had in the house, and it tasted just fine.
Yum! I didn't follow the directions exactly. I fried the bacon first and then mixed everything in the left over grease. I served over spinach with a crumbled hard boiled egg.
This was delicious on last night's spinach salad with thinly sliced green onions and fresh sliced mushrooms. Rather than adding the bacon to the dressing, I just crumbled it over our salads and spooned the hot dressing over. I quartered the amounts since there were just the two of us, "guesstimating" the amount of flour. I think this would also be delicious as a German-style potato salad dressing! Thanks for posting this- it's a keeper!