Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Prep time includes frying the bacon.
- 12 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 loaf round bread (such as sourdough)
- Mix all ingredients except bread in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cut off top of bread round and hollow out to make a bowl.
- Place mixture into bread round.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
OMG I made this for a potluck over the weekend. One word YUMMY!My family and friends ate it up in less then a half hour we had to make another batch since my early commers ate it all not leaving any for the late commers. I did add cream cheese to the mix and green onions. We used pita bread and flour tortilla chips was awesome.Will make again!
this dip is wonderful. You will never be able to make enough. People go crazy over it. I only use 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese as it was to salty for me.
Instead of frying the bacon I used prepackaged Hormel bacon (in the salad aisle). This cut out a lot of prep work . The dip did not last more than 20 minutes with my co-workers! Awesome!