Just right for an unassuming side-dish. Keeps 'em coming back for more! Very addictive--be careful!
- Fry bacon until crisp in very large pan; remove from pan, then saute onion in pan fat.
- While bacon and onion is frying, toss cabbage and carrots; set aside.
- Prepare dressing: mix vinegar, sugar, salt and mustard; add to onion in pan, stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add cabbage & carrots back into pan; stir until coated with sauce.
- Return bacon pieces to pan; toss in peanuts, if used.
- NOTE: DOUBLE the sauce ingredients if you like juicier slaws.
- SUGGESTION: Add more bacon and carrots for a Main Dish meal.