Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
Southern Living; old family favorite
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup shredded process American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 50 melba toast
- Mix together first 4 ingredients.
- Spread evenly on toast rounds.
- Place on baking sheet, and broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is apectacular....takes a little work, but totally worth the effort!
I made these for our Labor Day celebration. They were so yummy, we just could not stop eating them. I really liked the flavor of the caraway seeds and bacon. So easy to make and my family and guests all loved them. Thanks Nurse Di :)