- 5 lbs potatoes, washed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the potatoes in a big pot; add salt and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower heat to medium and cook 12-15 minutes or until fork-tender; drain and transfer potatoes to a big bowl.
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp; drain on paper-towel lined plates; crumble bacon and sprinkle over potaotes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl; toss gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.