Recipe by Andrew Sudron
A side dish that is a bit hit with my kids - which is a miracle! Everybody who has tried it so far has really liked it. A recipe that I begged from a friend.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag new potatoes
- 4 -8 slices streaky bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped (or more)
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- English mustard (or similar)
- white wine vinegar (a glass)
- salt and pepper
- chives, if you can find them
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash but leave the skin on the potatoes. halve or quarter to bitesize. Boil until cooked. Drain.
- Fry bacon in a little oil. (Chop the bacon in small pieces before or after you fry).
- Add chopped onion and fry until soft.
- Add glass of white wine vinegar, spoonful of mustard, glass of water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour over the potatoes. Mix along with chives.
- Why not serve with crusty bread?