Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is a variation of the old standard "Cole/Cold Slaw". My mother made it when I was young and I just recently got the recipe from my cousin. I hadn't had it in years and it not only tasted wonderful, but brought back some memories of my childhood! I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 head cabbage, grated
- 2 lbs thick slab bacon, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar (I tend to use closer to 1/2 cup)
- Cook bacon.
- Drain all but about 4-5 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- Add garlic to bacon drippings and sauté lightly.
- Mix eggs, vinegar, and milk.
- Pour mixture over bacon.
- Add chopped onion to mixture.
- Heat through and pour over the grated cabbage (do not boil.).
- Heat through and serve.