Prep 3 hrs 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my mother's handmade cookbook from my childhood. Prep time also includes chill time.
Make and share this Hot Bacon And Black-Eyed Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Cook peas according to package directions, omitting bacon and salt; drain well.
- Combine peas,sugar, vinegar and water; stir well.
- cover and chill 3 hours.
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain well,reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Break cauliflower into flowerettes.
- Place in steaming rack.
- Cover and steam 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain peas.
- Add cauliflower, celery.
- onions, pimiento and bacon.
- Combine 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar and salt in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- Pour over vegetables, tossing gently.