Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This tastes heavenly! I serve it with some breadsticks flavoured with rosemary.
Make and share this Hot Avocado Cream With Bacon Crumble recipe from Food.com.
- 59.16 ml butter
- 59.16 ml cornflour
- 1500.0 ml strong home-made chicken stock
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large ripe avocados, skinned, stoned and pureed
- 65 ml fruity white wine
- 125-250 ml cream
- 29.58 ml crisped bacon, crumbled
- 3 sprig fresh coriander
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- When hot and bubbly, stir in cornflour and continue to stir until mixture turns golden.
- Gradually add chicken stock, whisking constantly to smooth away any little lumps.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove from stove.
- Add avocado puree, white wine and cream.
- Reheat carefully, but do not allow to boil.
- Transfer to a heated soup tureen and sprinkle with crisped bacon crumble.
- To serve, ladle into heated soup plates and garnish with fresh coriander.