Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Unique and tasty party dip. Some people won't recognize the asparagus and will wonder what's in it.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans asparagus (cut spears or tips)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- salt and pepper
- Drain and mash asparagus.
- Mix with remaining ingredients.
- Pour into round baking dish and bake at 350 degrees until slightly browned and bubbling, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot with crackers or large corn chips.
I just finished preparing this. Added extra garlic and some chopped fresh thyme, rosemary, and chives I had.I even topped it off with some sauted mushrooms.It is fantastic! One of those recipes you can change and adapt very easily. Lisa B.
Yummy, yummy!! I tried this for the first time at a family holiday party and it was a hit. Everyone asked for the recipe. I added an extra clove of garlic which gave it even more flavor.
Really like this recipe. Made it last night and found it best after it had cooled for about 10 minutes. I also had some left over so I put some in the fridge and in the freezer to see how it held up. Both worked great. There was not difference from fresh cooked. I didn't find it greasy. Maybe that was caused by the brand of chesse or mayo. I used pregrated in the jar cheese and real mayo. Thanks for sharing!