Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this online somewhere.
Make and share this Hot Asparagus Dip recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Clean and trim the asparagus, and chop into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Steam in a small pot until very soft. Drain, and return to pot.
- Add the chile, lemon juice, scallions, salt and garlic salt, and cook for another 3 to 6 minutes, or until the asparagus begins to break down.
- Transfer the mixture to a ceramic dish to bake.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter until melted and add the flour to make a roux.
- Slowly pour in the half and half while whisking.
- Increase the heat and bring just to a boil, whisking the whole time. The mixture should thicken.
- Remove from the heat. Pour the mixture over the asparagus mixture.
- Top with parmesan, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.