Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this online somewhere.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green chili pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 ounces finely grated parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Clean and trim the asparagus, and chop into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Steam in a small pot until very soft. Drain, and return to pot.
- Add the chile, lemon juice, scallions, salt and garlic salt, and cook for another 3 to 6 minutes, or until the asparagus begins to break down.
- Transfer the mixture to a ceramic dish to bake.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter until melted and add the flour to make a roux.
- Slowly pour in the half and half while whisking.
- Increase the heat and bring just to a boil, whisking the whole time. The mixture should thicken.
- Remove from the heat. Pour the mixture over the asparagus mixture.
- Top with parmesan, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.