Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
not for the faint of palettes, this recipe is for only the true lovers of flavor and heat. i always love a spicy noodle dish, but no restaurant can get it hot enough for me,n so i played around and came up with this. if the sauce ever gets to thick, just add a little water. no worries it won't lose the kick. trust me on this! use lower heat or the aroma could make you cough a bit. also trust me on this! I like to serve soy sauce with this at the table. if you don't have or can't find egg noodles we use regular old linguine noodles. still delicious
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame chili oil
- 2 tablespoons chili hot black bean sauce
- 5 -8 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 -5 tablespoon xtra hot red chili powder (how daring are you?)
- 1 cup string bean
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3 bunches green onions (white part only)
- 4 green chilies (stems removed)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 8 ounces baby corn
- 14 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb linguine or 1⁄2 lb egg noodles
- in a wok, a frying pan will do, mix sesame chili oil, chili black bean sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, fish sauce, onion powder, ground coriander, and chili powder. over low heat blend the flavors until warm. this is when you might need that water.
- add string beans, snow peas, green onions, and green chilies. stir for a few minutes until a bit softened.
- add bean sprouts, baby corn, and tofu. mix well until warm. then add cooked noodles,toss well to coat all the flavors. serve with the soy sauce. enjoy!