Recipe by Stacky5
This recipe was in the Budget Cook section of Woman's Day. This was super easy with a good Asian flavor, and my kids really liked it too! I cooked the broccoli for a full 10 minutes because we like it softer instead of crunchier. Very filling also!
Top Review by Posiespocketbook
Made this tonight to use up the left over broccoli I had. It tasted good but seemed a little dry. I'm sure the noodles absorbed a lot of the sauce. All in all we liked it but won't be making it again.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut bite-size
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as package directs, adding broccoli for the last 6 minutes.
- Put peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes in a medium bowl.
- Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot.
- Add reserved cooking liquid to peanut butter mixture, stir until smooth. Then add to pasta.
- Toss to mix and coat. Top with carrots and scallions and toss again.