Recipe by JustJanS
This grew from my original recipe for artichoke dip. It's good.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
I made several dips tonight for a get together I had and this one went down the best, with everyone wanting more and the recipe.. I made as is but knew I wanted to make more mix so upped ingredients slighlty. I was a little naughty with the parmesan. Whilst I only added a little more on other ingredients I double the parmesan cheese. But my goodness was this just totally delicious. I do not think the lemon juice overpowered the dip at all like the other reviewer had stated, I thought it really inhanced the flavour but I guess all of our tastes are different. A reallt great dip Jan and it has gone straight into my favourites.
- 1 (440 g) can artichoke hearts, drained,chopped
- 1 (300 g) boxchopped spinach, thawed,drained
- 3 slices bacon, cooked,crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I used Best's)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 loaf round crusty bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove a lid from the loaf of bread. Scoop inside of bread out, leaving about a 1/2 inch shell.
- I baked the lid and the soft insides for 5 minutes, then broke into chunks for dipping.
- Mix together all ingredients except paprika, and pile into bread shell.
- Sprinkle over paprika, and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Serve with vegetables and crackers to dip (I just like to rip the bread shell apart though).