Recipe by Vino Girl
This recipe is different in that it uses Great Northern Beans as a healthier recplacement for some of the sour cream and mayo typically used in these dips. From Cooking Light December 2005.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor; add 1 can of artichokes and beans. Process until smooth.
- Add remaining can of artichokes, 3/4 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley, and garlic.
- Pulse 20 times or until artichokes are coarsely chopped.
- Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.