Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this recipe from "colonize.com" website in 2000 and is a family favourite.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and coarsley chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach (chopped or steamed and drained)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese (or you could use all parmesan)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Cream together the mayonnaise, parmesan and romano cheeses, garlic, basil and garlic salt. Mix well.
- Add artichoke hearts and spinach. Mix until blended.
- Spray a pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in the dip and top with the mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Serve with toasted bread or tortilla chips.
Good stuff - works well in a small crockpot too!
Thanx for posting this dip. It is absolutely fantastic! I used reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat mayo, but you couldn't even notice. I think my 2-yr-old enjoyed this the most...lol. I caught him "double-dipping". He was using the same chip and just licking the dip off and dipping again and repeating! This recipe is a keeper!